INTRO TO FINANCIAL LITERACY
UNIT 2 - LESSON 2: DEBT
Debt refers to money that you owe someone else and includes things like credit card debt, student loans, car loans and mortgages. It can be a positive or negative aspect of finances. There are ways to use debt to your advantage but it can also cause great damage.
- Please view the lesson below.
- Complete all activities within this lesson
In this lesson, you will learn to define debt and identify different types of debt. We will also learn about the roles of the debtor and the creditor, as well as the benefits and drawbacks of debt.
Click the Materials icon to view, download, or print the lesson materials. You will need the materials to follow along with the lesson video below.
WATCH VIDEO AND COMPLETE SHORT QUIZ
SKILLS PRACTICED: LISTENING, TEST-TAKING, NOTE-TAKING
Complete a short Quiz on Debt. Some of the information may be new to you, and you are more than welcome to research. TRY YOUR BEST! YOU CAN DO GREAT AS LONG AS YOU SHOW GREAT EFFORT.
SKILLS PRACTICED: ONLINE RESEARCH, NOTE TAKING, COMMUNICATION, AND READING COMPREHENSION
COMPLETE ONLINE RESEARCH, READING, AND DISCUSSION PROJECT
- Research and read two articles on Debt and its different forms
- Add the links to the articles in the form below
- Discuss the following questions with two people:
- What are some of the positive ways to use debt?
- What type of debt do most people have? Is it good or bad debt and why?
- Take notes on your discussion based on question 5 asked in Activity 4
SKILLS PRACTICED: COMMUNICATION, INTERVIEWING, AND VIDEO PRODUCTION
COMPLETE THE INTERVIEW AND VIDEO PROJECT
You are a reporter and host for a local financial news show. You are doing a week-long special on “Money basics”. You will interview different people throughout the week to discuss different financial topics. Today's assignment will focus on Debt, Credit, Mortgages, and Auto Loans.
- Please click the assignment icon to access the assignment.
- You need access to Google drive in order to access the assignment
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW
- Complete the form below
- SKILLS PRACTICED: REFLECTION, PERSONAL WRITING, PROVIDING FEEDBACK