SOCIAL MEDIA ETHICS FOR TEENS
UNIT 2 - LESSON 1: EFFECTS OF SOCIAL MEDIA
In this lesson, you will use your knowledge and experience to explore both positive and negative effects of social media. When reviewing this lesson, try to keep an open mind and consider how these positive and negative effects could impact not just you, but also your family, friends, and the people you don’t even know. Are these effects short or long term?
- Please view the lesson below.
- Complete all activities within this lesson
In this lesson, you will learn
Click the Materials icon to view, download, or print the lesson materials. You will need the materials to follow along with the lesson video below.
WATCH VIDEO AND COMPLETE SHORT QUIZ
Complete a short Quiz on Debt. Some of the information may be new to you, and you are more than welcome to research. TRY YOUR BEST! YOU CAN DO GREAT AS LONG AS YOU SHOW GREAT EFFORT.
COMPLETE ONLINE RESEARCH AND READING
- Research and read two articles on Debt and its different forms
- Add the links to the articles in the form below
- Discuss the following questions with two people:
- What are some of the positive ways to use debt?
- What type of debt do most people have? Is it good or bad debt and why?
- Take notes on your discussion based on question 5 asked in Activity 4
COMPLETE THE INTERVIEW AND VIDEO ASSIGNMENT
You are a reporter and host for a local financial news show. You are doing a week special on “Money basics”. You will interview different people throughout the week to discuss different financial topics. Today's assignment will focus on Debt, Credit, Mortgages, and Auto Loans.
Please click the assignment icon to access the assignment.
YOU MUST BE SIGNED INTO A GMAIL ACCOUNT TO ACCESS THE ASSIGNMENT.